Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sam's Used Game Show: Episode 1

Sam's Collection
Introductory Episode (1 of 5)
The Sega Dreamcast
Released on 9.9.99. The Sega Dreamcast was set to change the way we thought of video games. This is sort of the marketing line for a great many system however with the Dreamcast, it seemed like a personal goal for Sega, the developers, and the fans. It seemed to be then natural progression of consoles with great accessory support, a functional revolutionary online system and a built in modem. As it is common history, the Dreamcast died in a way that seemed very bitter, and never sweet. As modern consoles emerged a gained speed, many forgot about the Dreamcast, its many great games and its extremely fun and unprecedented innovations.

My goal of collecting games isn't supported by any kind of finances. In my world where twenty dollars is a way lot to spend on games, I'm always in search of the bargain. As it is, the high definition games of modern consoles hold their values for a long time and fewer and fewer developers are able to release quality titles with any sort of originality. I've always had the idea of getting a Dreamcast in the back of my mind but only when I really started looking into did I realized the affordability of the system. As it stands, I say I have a decent little Sega Dreamcast collection and for less money than a Nintendo Wii.

I'll start the list.

Console -$25
                Comes with the console, composite cables, 1 controller.

Used VMU - $4
                Batteries dead.

Batteries cr2032 -$2
                For the VMU.

Extra Controller (NEW) - $10
                European model with blue swirls. Works just fine.


This leaves me at $41 before games. Not bad for less than the cost of a Dual Shock 3.


Now for the Games.
In alphabetical order. Full case and book unless specified.

Blue Stinger - $5
                Crack on case.

Chu Chu Rocket - $6

Dead or Alive 2 - $6

Dino Crisis - $8
                Case hinge broken.

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica - $ 6

Soul Caliber - $8

Space Channel 5 - $6
                Missing book.

Virtua Fighter 3tb - $5


So now I'm at $91 for my nice little Dreamcast set. I still have quite a ways to go on it but so far I'm loving the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment